Spooky season is officially upon us, and here at JoAG, we think it’s important to send you into the most wonderful time of the year equipped with enough recommendations to keep the whole family bathed in horror all month long. In this two part episode, we delve into our top picks for everyone from the horror n00b to the seasoned horror head.
Part One Highlights:
- Mark opens up with some pleasant conversation about America’s botched death penalties
- Corri has an unexpected return to her evangelical roots
- We explain our novice, normal, and expert level recommendation system
- We deep dive into our novice recs: Movies that aren’t necessarily FOR kids, but you could watch with your kids and not get them taken away from you. Great watches at any age.
Part Two Highlights:
- We jump right into our normal level recs: movies for having a few “tins” and a laugh with some friends. Good natured jump scares and gross outs
- We talk about the art of “dread”
- Mark comes up with more “cores”
- We discuss why we love old school Tim Burton and Spielberg films
- We close out with our expert level recommendations: stuff you only watch if you’re ready for a bad time. Don’t assemble your friends to watch these if you want to keep them.
Don’t forget to listen to part 2 for normal and expert level recs! Then hit us up on twitter @jackofallgraves to tell us what you’re watching and yell at us about what we missed!