This week CoRri explains to Mark how listening to Christian megastar Carman was a straight line to QAnon, we ponder whether there’s such thing as “going too far” with art, and we question why the dark is sometimes super effing funny.
[0:00] Evangelical megastar Carman has died and CoRri has some thoughts.
[19:29] We get off to a bumpy start, and announce our next watch-along date: March 13th! Hit us up on Twitter/Insta/Facebook to suggest and vote on a remake we’ll all watch together over Discord!
[26:45] We love Kevin Smith, but like, what’s his deal right now?
[31:46] We talk about dark comedy, whether there’s such thing as “going too far,” and what pushes something from funny to too dark and damaged to funny again.
Stuff we referenced:
- Carman Licciardello YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4AeBuDK4tJTh0PrQidiQHQ
- Demons of the deep state: how evangelicals and conspiracy theories combine in Trump’s America – https://theconversation.com/demons-of-the-deep-state-how-evangelicals-and-conspiracy-theories-combine-in-trumps-america-144898
- The only thing surprising about the “demon sperm” doctor’s views is that they’re shared by many evangelicals – https://religiondispatches.org/the-only-surprising-thing-about-the-demon-sperm-doctors-views-is-that-theyre-shared-by-many-evangelicals/
- Millions of Americans Believe Trump Is Fighting Literal Demons – https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/10/trump-evangelicals-charismatics-paula-white-demons/
- Blue Jam: Unflustered parents – https://youtu.be/zazo3iOrAkc
- Blue Jam: TV Lizards – https://youtu.be/1xUgzDn-my8