Click here to listen everywhere!
Some toys are horrifying because they’re simply unsettling; others are horrifying because they maim and even kill. We’re taking a look at some memorable offenders of both kinds.
[0:00] CoRri answer Mark’s question from several weeks ago: Is there a disorder that can make you fearless?
[23:00] We jump straight into some JoAG therapy. We’re having a hard time, friends, but we’re doing our best.
[29:15] To top off our own personal issues, we discuss some terrible news from the UK about a mass shooting and terrible news from the earth about
[37:50] We haven’t watched much this week, but one of those things was Robocop and we take a little bit to rave about it, as well as chat a bit about SurrealEstate and a good monster-of-the-week story.
[52:48] We talk about nightmare toys.
Stuff we referenced:
- How to terrify the fearless – https://healthland.time.com/2013/02/11/how-to-terrify-the-fearless/
- A medical condition that makes you fearless – https://medium.com/psy-lens/a-medical-condition-that-makes-you-fearless-b96b99f0357e
- Rare brain disorder prevents all fear – https://www.wired.com/2010/12/fear-brain-amygdala/
- Amygdala, affect and cognition: evidence from 10 patients with Urbach–Wiethe disease – https://academic.oup.com/brain/article/126/12/2627/290280
- Klüver-Bucy syndrome – https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/kluver-bucy-syndrome/
- ’80s commercials: Teddy Ruxpin – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kc2HvjO8z4