Sometimes you just have to laugh at death and the chaotic and humiliating ways in which it strikes.
[0:00] CoRri tells Mark about the Donner Party
[22:45] We have some announcements, including book club on September 25th and a VERY special milestone episode on October 16th!
[33:40] We discuss the wild week in movies we’ve just had
[54:00] We talk about the poetry of a stupid death, and share some of our favorites
Stuff we referenced:
- Beyond Cannibalism: The True Story of the Donner Party – https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/donner-party-cannibalism-nation-west
- The Tragic Story of the Donner Party – https://www.legendsofamerica.com/ca-donnerparty/
- ‘What Would You Do?’ Author Wants To Stop Sensationalizing The Donner Party – https://www.npr.org/2017/06/27/534557072/what-would-you-do-author-wants-to-stop-sensationalizing-the-donner-party
- Endless Winter: A Fresh Look at the Donner Party Saga – https://www.kqed.org/news/11844011/donner-party-pt-1
- Man died after stuffing whole cheeseburger in mouth and choking – https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-died-after-stuffing-whole-10837487
- Clement Vallandigham – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clement_Vallandigham#Death
- Eagle Mistakes Bald Head for a Rock: The Bizarre Circumstances Surrounding the Death of Aeschylus – https://www.ancient-origins.net/history-famous-people/eagle-mistakes-bald-head-rock-bizarre-circumstances-surrounding-death-021785