This week we look at some authors with an uncanny eye to the future, and some folks who want nothing more than to get inside your head. Is it possible? Only one way to find out.
[0:00] CoRri tells Mark about books that have predicted the future
[17:30] Mark invites you into the void, and tells an embarrassing story from his week
[29:00] CoRri continues to be bad at video games, but book club continues to be great
[38:10] What we watched!
[68:35] We talk about whether mind control is possible, and if so, if it’s ethical
Stuff we referenced:
- The story of cannibalism that came true – BBC Culture
- R v Dudley and Stephens – Wikipedia
- Edgar Allan Poe–Cosmologist? – Scientific American Blog Network
- Books That Predicted the Future | Mental Floss
- The Wreck Of The Titan Told Of The Titanic’s Sinking 14 Years Before It Happened
- The Machine Stops: Will Gompertz reviews EM Forster’s work ★★★★★ – BBC News
- Books That Predicted the Future | Reader’s Digest
- The Man Who Fought a Bull With Mind Control
- The RoboRoach Bundle