As frequent travelers, we’ve spent a lot of time in hotels all around the world, and barring some inconveniences here and there, those stays have been pretty uneventful. But today we’re talking about some guests who checked in, but never checked out again.
[0:00] CoRri tells Mark the sad story of Ruthie May McCoy, whose 1987 murder inspired a horror classic
[20:50] Marko gives our listeners a pep talk
[24:27] We chat about swimming, the difference between gangland and execution style killings, a new baby in the JoAG fam, Mark’s Evil Dead journey, CoRri’s latest video for Wisecrack about biohacking, and more
[42:05] What we watched!
[85:00] Quick spoiler from episode 3 of Last of Us!
[86:04] End spoiler!
[86:44] We discuss a pet peeve of Marko’s in modern films
[93:29] Some horrifying moments in hotel history
Stuff we referenced:
- They Came Through the Bathroom Mirror
- Death at the Hotel Barclay
- Woman is Apparently Pushed From Window in Carter Hotel
- METRO NEWS BRIEFS: NEW YORK; Hotel Clerk Is Charged In Co-Worker’s Murder
- YOUTH BURNED TO DEATH; Mother in Nebraska Had Premonition of Tragedy Here
- Woman’s Body Wrapped in Plastic, Hidden Under Hotel Bed
- Drifter Clarence Dean sentenced to up to life in prison for 2007 Hotel Carter slay of sex worker Kristine Yitref
- Hotel Carter (WikiWand)
- Night Manager of Times Sq. Hotel Is Killed