Every day folks post bananas stories about the world in our Facebook group. This week we delve a little further into some of the incredible things that have come across our group, from dog exorcisms to suicide pods.
[0:00] Mark shares some terrifying AI… art?
[12:00] We explain where the fuck we’ve been, thank you all for your Spotify Wrapped posts
[25:20] We check in on the state of Covid in the UK
[32:30] We dive into what we’ve watched the past two weeks and CoRri explains what you can and can’t show on television in the U.S.
[57:00] We sift through some of the bonkers stories that people have posted in our facebook group
Stuff we referenced:
- Hairdresser makes Boris Johnson hair mural as pandemic thank you – https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-59147747
- The Fatal Exploding Pants Plague Of 1930s New Zealand – https://www.iflscience.com/chemistry/the-fatal-exploding-pants-plague-of-new-zealand/
- Scientists perplexed by flesh-eating ‘vulture bees’ that have quit pollen to feed on dead bodies – https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/flesh-eating-vulture-bees-chicken-b1964028.html
- Maker of suicide pod plans to launch in Switzerland – https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59577162
- See it to believe it: A Japanese pet spa now offers exorcisms for dogs! – https://luxurylaunches.com/pets/see-it-to-believe-it-a-japanese-pet-spa-now-offers-exorcisms-for-dogs.php
- Ragwort (Waikato Regional Council) – https://www.waikatoregion.govt.nz/services/plant-and-animal-pests/ragwort/
- The benefits and pitfalls of self-replicating nanobots – https://www.news9live.com/science/the-benefits-and-pitfalls-of-self-replicating-nanobots-139854